We often have guests rave about one of our delicious breakfast items. Of course, the question that always follows the compliments is “Can I get the recipe?” In the spirit of sharing, here are some of our most-requested recipes in a single location.
Recipes from Our Nantucket Bed and Breakfast
Seven Sea Street Inn Baked Oatmeal
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD: 9 servings
- 3 cups quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Additional milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, raisins, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk. Yield: 9 servings.
P.S. Top with Bananas and Cream ( 3 ripe sliced bananas, covered in light cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon/sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg)