Goodbye February and hello March! While we have had a wonderful winter season here in Nantucket we are ready for the turn to spring! The first day of spring actually lands on March 19th and we are gearing up for yet another fantastic season on the Island. Spring on Nantucket brings perfect temperatures and a quiet calm as the island starts to come back to life. If you are thinking of a memorable spring break trip, consider our quintessential New England home. Spring is the perfect time to avoid peak crowds and busyness here on the island. There are daffodils and hydrangeas in bloom, cobblestone streets to explore, and festivals and activities to enjoy. Today we are highlighting six reasons to visit Nantucket this spring!
- Nantucket Wine & Food Festival: This annual festival draws thousands to Nantucket for five days of incredible culinary experiences. This year it will be taking place May 13-17, 2020. This event brings together world-class chefs, winemakers and industry experts for events, activities, workshops, special dinners and more. Local restaurants also host special events and dinners during the festival.
- Daffodil Festival: A favorite of locals and visitors alike, the Daffodil Festival is put on by the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce and celebrates the official kickoff to spring. Happening April 24-26, 2020, festivities will include antique car parade, tailgate picnic, parades and more. You can see a full schedule line up on the event website.
- Outdoor Activities: Getting outside for fresh air and spending time in Mother Nature is good for your mind and body and Nantucket is the perfect place to explore. Take a walk along Madaket, Surfside, Jetties, or Siasconset Beach. Rent bicycles at Cook’s or Youngs Bike Shop and travel down the more than 6 miles of bike paths. Trek over to the Sankaty lighthouse and take in a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean from the bluff. The options are endless – just tell us what type of adventure you like and we’ll point you in the right direction!
- More Affordable Accommodations: Experience a stay at a bucket list destination like Nantucket that won’t break the bank. Offseason will bring cheaper fares for transportation to and from the island and lower rates on accommodations. More money in your pocket means more opportunities for adventuring!
- Rest & Relaxation: Some travelers are looking for non-stop action while others are looking to escape the hustle and bustle. Nantucket is truly an oasis during the off-seasons. The quieter crowds allow you to explore the island at your leisure. There is no rush for reservations or fighting for a spot on the beach. Or, hide away at the inn enjoying all of the luxurious amenities we offer to our guests.
Come and see the daffodils in bloom, try world-class dining, stroll the shops and simply see for yourself why Nantucket is the perfect place for your next getaway! Book online today or contact us anytime for more information.